ESPN Plus offers a vast amount of sports-related content, the latest sports news, and much more at pocket-friendly prices, and it is also the best source for watching IPL in the USA.
In this post, we’ll review ESPN Plus in detail, including its pros, cons, prices, content, and all other important factors to help you decide if it is worth it.
ESPN Plus Review At a Glance
Before reading the extensive ESPN Plus review, here is a list of key points you should consider before buying ESPN Plus;
- This app is available only for USA residents. However, the app is relatively easy to download and is lightly weighted. The UK and other countries’ residents can also use this app easily through a VPN.
- It is the best platform for sports fans, providing life and recorded sports-related content.
- ESPN Plus has reliable performance, efficient customer service, and a web interface.
- If you’re a La Liga and NBA fan, ESPN Plus is essential, as it is an American streaming service with many best features.
To enjoy free La Liga matches, read our best apps to watch La Liga live in the USA this year.
Pros And Cons
Before deepening the topic, here are some pros and cons of this app to help you decide if it is worth it.
|This platform is a must for UFC nuts
|4k and HDR are unavailable.
|You have the option to choose Trio Premium which includes Disney+ (No Ads), Hulu (No Ads), and ESPN+ (With Ads) for $24.99/month.
|No free trial
|Comprehensive sports coverage
|Lacks DVR functionality
Do you need a streaming service with a free trial? Luckily, FuboTV is offering a 7-day free trial for all its services.
What Is ESPN Plus?
At the start of April 2018, ESPN announced that ESPN Plus would officially launch on 12 April 2018 with a monthly subscription of $4.99. It is an American streaming service owned by Disney and ESPN Inc.
The name mentions that ESPN Plus offers more content than the standard ESPN channel. You can stream ESPN Plus live content worldwide, either popular or unpopular available locally, nationally, and internationally.
ESPN Plus is the best choice for sports fans and families. ESPN Plus is an “over-the-top” streaming service and has earned its name in the industry. However, if you only want NBA and NFL, ESPN Plus is suitable.
How Does ESPN Plus Work?
The ESPN Plus app’s homepage has many tabs that allow you to get your favorite content quickly.
Many suggestions are on the home page, including the latest news, on-demand content, and the most famous live matches. The exciting feature of ESPN Plus is that you don’t need to worry about the shows you missed.
All of the content is recorded and available on ESPN Plus, and you can also use the guide to know about upcoming shows and matches, the latest news updates, and so on. With all these features, ESPN+ has a decent reputation among users.
ESPN Plus Subscription
There are many ways to subscribe to ESPN Plus, either through a Mobile device, a TV-Connected device, and Web Browser. Among them, the web browser is preferred by most users and is easy to follow.
How to Get ESPN Plus?
So let’s discuss how you can subscribe to ESPN Plus packages;
- Open the official website of ESPN Plus through any device and browser.
- Click the “subscribe to ESPN Plus” button and then “sign in.”
- Now, you’ll be asked for your details, including E-mail, password, and first and last name, and click “sign up.”
- Read the agreement, then select “agree and subscribe.”
- Now, you’ve successfully subscribed to ESPN Plus.
How Much Is ESPN Plus?
ESPN Plus offers different packages so users can choose a package according to its number of screens, interested content, and budget. Here is the complete description of ESPN Plus packages and their prices:
- ESPN Plus monthly package costs $9.99, giving access to the latest news, events, and live matches.
- ESPN Plus’s yearly package costs $100. You can buy this subscription if you’re a sports fan because it saves you $20 compared to the monthly package. It offers a vast amount of sports-related channels and keeps always keeps its users updated about upcoming events.
- This package is also available if you want Disney Plus, Hulu, and ESPN+. You can save $12 on this package if we compare it with buying each package individually.
|ESPN Plus Monthly Plan
|ESPN originals, games replay, and live sports events
|ESPN Plus Yearly Plan
|Same features as the monthly plan, with a discount of 15%
|The Disney Bundle
|Gives access to ESPN+, Hulu, and Disney Plus
Note: The Disney Bundle of ESPN+ has further three subscriptions each varying in feature. We have only mentioned the best one.
ESPN Plus Add-On Plans
You can easily include exclusive features to your existing plans through the ESPN Plus add-on bundles.
Here’s what you get: Exclusive UFC shows, UFC fight Nights, Pride FC, WEC, and many other famous channels
Cost: $79.99 each.
How To Watch ESPN Plus For Free?
Like most other streaming apps, no free trial exists on ESPN Plus. But there is no long-term contract for joining the app; you can cancel the subscription whenever you want.
Reading a detailed guide on ESPN+ free trial will help you to make a better decision.
How to Cancel ESPN Plus Subscription?
You can cancel the ESPN Plus subscription anytime through an easy process. However, you’ll have access to ESPN Plus unless your billing cycle ends. Here is how you can cancel its subscription;
- Firstly log in to your account through the app or official website.
- Click your “profile icon,” in the top right corner.
- Click “ESPN Plus subscription” and select “manage subscription.”
- Now click “cancel the subscription.”
- Click “cancel now”, and you have finally canceled your subscription.
If you want to switch to a better ESPN Plus alternative, you can read:
ESPN Plus is available for almost all devices unless you can download this app. This app is lightweight; there is no need to worry about space. After downloading the app, you can enjoy live streaming on three screens simultaneously.
You can watch your favorite shows through ESPN Plus on the following devices;
- Android smartphones, tablets, and smart TVs
- Amazon Fire TV and tablet
- Roku devices
- Xbox and Playstation
- Samsung Smart TVs
- iPhones, iPads, and Apple TV
- On the web (ESPN.com)
ESPN Plus Sports
ESPN Plus is a solid option for the sports fan, as it broadcasts almost all sports. ESPN Plus offers the following sports to its subscribers;
- X Games
- Little League World Series
- Recruiting BB and FB
- Special Olympics
- Olympic Sports
- NCAA Lacrosse
- NCAAM, NCAAW
- Horse Racing
- NBA G League
- NASCAR/ Racing
We have a long experience with ESPN Plus and highly prefer ESPN Plus to basketball and boxing fans. A specific section for basketball on ESPN Plus includes the latest news and scores, exciting articles, and standings.
So, if you’re a cricket fan and want to enjoy the 16th edition of the Indian Premier League, ESPN Plus is a better option. Here are free apps to watch IPL live in the USA.
Specs And Features
To decide better about buying ESPN Plus, you must know its features. It will also help you to use the app efficiently; the following is the list of some crucial features of the ESPN Plus app.
- Excellent Video Quality: ESPN Plus offers high-quality videos with maximum resolution, capped at 720HD.
- Plenty of Tabs: The home page of ESPN Plus has plenty of tabs that help you to bookmark your favorite upcoming events and don’t miss them.
- Recording Facility: You can watch your favorite show, even if you have missed it, on ESPN+, as it offers recorded videos for all shows which have been played live.
- Huge Range of Sports: The ESPN Plus app has many sports channels, including La Liga, NBA, and other famous leagues, categorized in a decent library.
- Availability: ESPN Plus is only available in the USA and is famous for streaming on-demand content for $9.99 monthly.
- Best Web Interface: ESPN Plus has an efficient home page which helps to find live and on-demand content easily. It also has a massive collection of interesting articles and news.
IS ESPN Plus Worth It?
If you’re an NBA and NFL fan, then ESPN Plus is worth it. It allows streaming your favorite sports with HD quality for just $100. It also offers on-demand content, documentaries, fantasy articles, the latest news, and live sports.
Hopefully, after reading this post, you can easily decide whether to buy ESPN Plus or not and which package to buy.
ESPN Plus is a good way to stream your favorite IPL, NBA, and NFL matches, but still, it is not offering a free trial which other services in the market do. Fubo TV offers a 7-day free trial, to new customers so do remember to read the FuboTV review.
FAQs for ESPN Plus
Does ESPN+ have a contract or fees?
No, except for your subscription’s payment, there is no contract or extra fees.
How many simultaneous screens are available on ESPN+?
You can enjoy only three simultaneous screens with ESPN+ subscriptions and live sports for a month or year.
Is ESPN+ free with Amazon Prime?
ESPN+ is a streaming app, not a channel. Therefore it is not available with ESPN+. Also, you can’t add-on to it. However, you can download this app on Amazon Fire TV and enjoy live streaming easily.
Does Sling TV have ESPN+?
Yes, you can purchase ESPN+ through Sling TV; however, Sling Blue does not contain ESPN networks, so you can buy Sling Orange or Sling Orange and Blue. You can read our Sling TV review for better guidance and detailed information.
Does Fubo TV have ESPN+?
Yes, you can enjoy ESPN services through Fubo TV.